Six soldiers were taken to a military hospital, border guard police official Sann Oo said by phone Saturday.
The pair have widely covered the military campaign in Rakhine although Reuters has declined to comment on whether they were specifically reporting on the mass grave in Inn Din.
On Wednesday, it admitted that ethnic Rakhine villagers and security forces killed the 10 Royingya Muslims in the village on September 2 a year ago.
The military claimed they had rushed to Inn Din to protect frightened Buddhist villagers and had been attacked by "200 Bengalis" with sticks and swords, 10 of whom were arrested and accused of having links to terrorists.
The post also gave the first confirmation of a mass Rohingya grave inside Rakhine state following an army-led crackdown on militants from the minority group in late August.
"The army will take charge of those who are responsible for the killings and who broke the rules of engagement", the statement continued.
The remains of the victims were found buried in the mass grave in December.
A statement from the office of the commander-in-chief on Wednesday said the military's investigation had found that members of the security forces had killed the 10.
The European Union and representatives of Muslim nations renewed calls for a broader global investigation into violence in the western state of Rakhine, after the military said on Wednesday its soldiers had killed 10 captured Rohingya Muslim "terrorists" at the beginning of September.
The villagers assisted in the execution, according to the statement, because they wanted revenge on the Rohingya militants who had killed their family members in the past.
Northern Rakhine is home to millions of the country's Muslim minority but the government does not recognise them as one of the ethnic groups and has labeled them as "Bengalis", meaning intruders from neighbouring Bangladesh. Security forces had to protect Inn Din village because it is surrounded by Muslim villages of which residents threatened the Inn Din villagers, it said.
"This grisly admission is a sharp departure from the army's policy of blanket denial of any wrongdoing", said James Gomez, Amnesty's regional director for Southeast Asia and the Pacific, following the military's announcement. "However, it is only the tip of the iceberg and warrants serious independent investigation into what other atrocities were committed amid the ethnic cleansing campaign that has forced out more than 655,000 Rohingya from Rakhine State since last August".